2016-2017 Academic Catalog and Student Handbook 
    May 17, 2024  
2016-2017 Academic Catalog and Student Handbook [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Grievance Procedure for Students

Return To: 2016-2017 Student Handbook 

Students having complaints, other than academic, instructional or grade appeals, which cannot readily be resolved through normal channels, may bring their complaint to the Dean of Students (Karla Gregg, greggk@otc.edu or (417) 447-6966). If the Dean of Students cannot satisfactorily resolve the complaint, the student may request the matter be referred to the college Student Grievance Committee. The chairperson will convene the committee. The committee will hear the complaint and make a recommendation for resolution to the college Chancellor. The decision of the college Chancellor shall be final.

If a complaint is not resolved at the college level, students may choose to file a complaint through one of these external agencies:

Missouri Department of Higher Education: http://dhe.mo.gov/documents/POLICYONCOMPLAINTRESOLUTION-reviseddraft.pdf

The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association: https://www.ncahlc.org/HLC-Institutions/complaints.html